Oh lordy. I’m not even going to try and explain April to anyone. I feel like it was about two days long.
I didn’t end up putting any reviews out for April, although I did do some writing and announced my personal challenge to myself. Which I’ve stuck to so far (woot woot)!
April was mostly a month of self reflection, which is necessary. I might not have read a lot, but it was still a really good month.
How was your April?
March has been a slower month, reading wise. And also review wise. Netflix and writing both took over my life for March. Which I’m not exactly complaining about, it just means my priorities shifted a bit.
What I Watched This Month:
I started watching The 100 on Netflix again this month. I love the concept of the show, but I just can’t stand some of the characters (looking at you, Clarke). I promptly had to stop watching it, though, as I spoiled something for myself regarding my favourite character. So now I have to figure out something else to watch.
What I Listened to This Month:
For some reason this month really got me into early 2000s hard rock. I don’t know if it’s because the weather has been warmer and it’s usually my go-to sunny driving music, or if it’s just because it makes me feel good and I’m out of the dumps now, but it’s been great. I refound my love for Jimmy Eat World.
What I Read This Month:
- [6 Mar] Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning ★★★½
- [20 Mar] Faefever by Karen Marie Moning ★★★★
- [27 Mar] Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning ★★★★½
So that’s my March in a nutshell! How was your month?
Soooo, I’ve been playing around with my site a bit, and I stumbled across the ability to add wrap-ups easy peasy into posts. I thought this would be a fun way to close out each month! We’ll see how long it lasts.
And since I discovered this with three days left in February, you get a double hit of the wrap-ups in one post! Yay me not figuring things on out time.
January wasn’t too bad of a month for me. I feel like I started 2018 off with a bang and really hit my reading grove. I started off strong, but then the books got just alright.
- [8 Jan] The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin ★★★★★
- [15 Jan] The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick ★★★★
- [22 Jan] Resilience: Navigating Life, Loss, and the Road to Success by Lisa Lisson ★★★
- [29 Jan] Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor ★★★
I think the biggest win for February was finishing off the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series which has been on my shelf for yeeeaaars. I’ve kept them because they’re pretty, but now I can say I’ve also read them! Although they weren’t my favourite, I’m glad I finally made it through.
- [13 Feb] Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor ★★★½
- [20 Feb] Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor ★★★½
- [27 Feb] Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning ★★★★
- [28 Feb] January + February 2018 Wrap-Up
Alright guys, that’s all for this one! What did you guys read in the month of February?